Irish Funds Industry Association
The Irish Funds Industry Association (Irish Funds) is the representative body for the international investment fund community in Ireland. Founded in 1991, Irish Funds represents 140+ full and associate members, which include fund managers, depositaries, administrators, transfer agents, professional advisory firms and other specialist firms involved in the international fund services industry in Ireland.
The objective of the Irish Funds Industry Association (Irish Funds) is to support, complement and develop the funds industry in Ireland.
- The Voice of the Funds Industry - Irish Funds represents the industry in discussions with Government, its departments / agencies and the Central Bank of Ireland to ensure that the environment and infrastructure available can support the continued development and growth of the industry.
- An Information Resource for the International Funds Industry - Through the development of industry policy, guidance papers, technical briefings and the output of our working groups, we assist in the defining of practice across a range of complex areas such as compliance, valuation, accounting, share dealing and registration. The partnership between members ensures that a full range of perspectives and insights are represented in the formulation of guidance papers. In doing so, we provide a valuable service in generating and disseminating information in an effective and complete way.
- Promoting and Profiling Ireland's Funds Industry - Irish Funds raises the profile of the industry to promote Ireland as the premier centre of excellence to domicile and service international investment funds. We promote awareness of the funds industry both internationally and domestically by hosting conferences, events and seminars, and by engaging with the media.
- Support the Training and Development of Personnel in the International Funds Industry - Irish Funds is committed to the continued development of its most valuable resource - its people. Through the programmes developed in conjunction with the Institute of Banking, as well as our industry-specific and technical seminars, we actively support the professional development of those working in the industry.
- Representing the Funds Industry at the European / International Level - Irish Funds is a member of the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA). In cooperation with our European partners, we actively engage in policy discussions at the EU level. We are a member of The International Investment Funds Association (IIFA) which brings together representatives from over 40 national and regional fund associations across the globe.
18-22 Tara Street
+353 (0) 1 675 3200
5th Floor, Square de Meeûs 37
+32 2 791 7693
For an overview of the regulation of investment funds in Ireland as well as specific regulatory requirements, click on Central Bank of Ireland website.
Irish Funds has a section on their website dedicated to information on Getting Started in Ireland, and also on Regulatory and Technical areas.